Waterloo Wellington Knowledge Exchange in Geriatrics
The Waterloo Wellington Knowledge Exchange in Geriatrics is a one day event. The Keynote Speaker along with experts in the field of Geriatrics are invited to share their knowledge and clinical experiences. The content is designed for members of inter-professional care teams to have the opportunity to enhance their knowledge and skills in a specific area of geriatrics and develop practical skills that can be implemented easily in their day to day practices. The event includes presentation type format with opportunities for a dynamic, interactive learner focused experience designed to support the translation of knowledge, inclusive of the "voice of the older adult."
The Objectives include:
- Enhance clinical knowledge and practical applications of tools and/or skills that are transferable to day to day service delivery and practice.
- Increase knowledge of integrated and collaborative approaches that can be implemented across the continuum of care.
- Learn from subjective matter experts inclusive of the "voice of the older adult" and clinical leaders.
- Increase knowledge of principles of care.
- Opportunities to learn from each other and apply learning.
- Opportunities for networking within specific health and social service sectors; geographical sites; and across and within sectors.