Geriatric Training Program
This course is available in two formats:
- Annual two-day conference (typically an in-person event hosted in Burlington, Ontario, Canada. Virtual format for 2020 and 2021 due to COVID-19).
- Online program (eGTP)
- Recordings (audio and slides) from the most recent two-day conference will be made available online for a minimum period of 3-weeks. Presentations can be accessed any time during this 2-week period.
- This version of the course is offered once a year in early spring. More offerings may be added dependent on level of demand.
This course is for all healthcare providers, including those working with and those with an interest in working with older adults.
- To enhance clinical knowledge of the unique needs of older adults, including those with complex health problems.
- To increase clinical knowledge of common geriatric syndromes and principles of care.
- To improve understanding of who may benefit from specialized geriatric services.
Additional Course Information
- Topics and speakers vary year-to-year
- Past topics have included:
- Patient Experience
- Senior Friendly Care
- Indigenous Wellbeing
- Social Isolation
- Urinary Incontinence
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Management of Responsive Behaviours
- Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment
- Medical Assistance in Dying
- Parkinson’s Disease